Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total cooking time: 1 hour
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tbsp walnut oil
- 3 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 3 chicken wings
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 5 peppercorns
- 3/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 150 g walnuts toasted
- 2 slices of white bread, crust removed
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Pour the paprika and the cayenne pepper in a dry frying pan and heat over low heat for about a minute, then add the oil and set aside away from heat until ready to use.
- Put the chicken in a saucepan with the onion, celery, carrot, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, peppercorns and coriander seeds. Add 750 ml of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Turn off the heat, allow to cool, then remove the chicken from the stock, remove the skin and shred the flesh. Season and sprinkle some stock and set aside.
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor to form a rough paste. Combine the bread with 1/3 cup of stock, and blend in the processor.
- Add extra paprika, garlic and some salt and pepper, keep procession until smooth.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup warm chicken stock until the mixture is liquid enough to be poured.
- Mix hald the sauce with the chicken and place on a serving plate.
- Pour the rest of the sauce to cover and serve.
Bon appétit from Cook'N Bake with Super Mom, enjoy our daily free recipes.